After a another day of discouraging items in the news, I was curious what my network of friends thought would turn that around. On a whim, I posted the following question to see what responses I would get:
I got some great answers! While “bacon,” “monster trucks,” and “cowbell” were among my favorite replies, other more heartfelt replies like “grace,” “kindness,” and “love”
Two things struck me as interesting:
- The things that were NOT mentioned are the things we chase the most – money, fame, possessions…
- The things that the world needs are within YOUR power to give – are grace, kindness & love not yours to freely give?
Make you think about the way we’ve prioritized things.
If I were to add to this list, I’d add 3 things:
- Conversation – genuine human-to-human contact and connection
- Passion – less empathy, more enthusiasm
- Action – an unbreakable bias towards creating value
What do you think the world needs more of?