Look backwards in your life and I bet you can identify the most defining moments of your life. For me, everything changed on September 9th, 2002… everything. That was the day my daughter was born and I became a parent for the first time.
After 10 years of parenting, I can say a few things are true:
- If Barney the purple dinosaur is a good representation of his species, then I’m not surprised they are extinct.
- Nothing in this world is as difficult or as important as being a parent.
- I’d gladly jump in front of a train to save my kids …but, I’ve definitely used the phrase “I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it!”
- Sacrifice and Love have completely different meanings after parenting
- I should have bought stock in Goldfish crackers
- The greatest legacy I could leave isn’t built in an office, it’s built at home
- Its no wonder that I have a few gray hairs. I’m lucky to have any hair left at all!
- I appreciate my parents even more
- 10 years is old enough. She can stop growing now… I am in no way ready for the teenage years.
Happy Birthday, sweetheart… you are the best part of me.